Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay hosted an innovative wine dinner at La Pergola Restaurant on the 15th of December. The fire and ice themed dinner highlighted contradictory tastes of hot and cold dishes, paired with Egyptian premium wines. This initiative is in line with the brand's role as ambassador of European luxury and “art de vivre”.
Five course menu “Fire & Ice” by Executive Chef Sedat Bugday:
- Scallop Carpaccio with beetroot salad and ruccola pesto
- Blackened seared tuna with root salad
- Champagne flavoured lemon sorbet with crushed peppercorn
- Black Angus beef tenderloin with saffron risotto and fresh garden vegetables and topped with foie gras
- Baked Alaska flavoured vanilla, chocolate and walnut The mouth-watering menu was served with organic wines from EgyBev winery.
Wine maker Labib Kallas and his wife Rania personally presented their top products which enjoy a fabulous reputation and worldwide recognition throughout 7 international medals from well-known wine fairs. “Fire & Ice” was the 6th entry in the renowned dinner series of the exquisite 5 Star Hotel.
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay
PO BOX 15, 84711 Safaga, Red Sea, Egypt
Tel.: +20 65 356 1500 I Fax: +20 65 356 1600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I www.kempinski.com/somabay